❗️ IMPORTANT: Upcoming January Deprecations
With the slew of updates we had in 2023, we are planning to deprecate some of the older functionality early next year: legacy paywalls, A/B tests and remote configs. Even though we've already sent an email about it to some of you, we decided that we can't go wrong with an extra heads-up.
In short: after January 29th, 2024 the "Paywalls (deprecated)", "A/B tests (deprecated)" and "Legacy remote config (deprecated)" of the paywalls will be removed from the Adapty dashboard. If you are still using those sections — please read on for more details on what to expect and how to prepare.
Deprecating Paywalls and A/B tests that have not migrated to Placements
As you may already know, we have introduced the new paywall management system called Paywalls 2.0 this summer. It allows you to be more flexible when configuring your Paywalls and A/B tests and requires even less hardcoding on the app level with the help of Placements.
If you are still using the Paywalls (deprecated) and A/B tests (deprecated) sections of Adapty, then here's what you should know:
- On January 29th, 2024 we will auto-convert any legacy active Paywalls and A/B tests to Placements and activate them. Even though your app will continue to work as expected, this could lead to a lot of old unneeded stuff ending up in your Placements section.
- We kindly ask you to follow this short guide and complete the transfer yourself before that. In most cases, it will only require 10 minutes of your time and zero development. If you decide to archive certain active Paywalls and A/B tests — make sure they are not used anymore.
- We will also remove these sections from the interface, so the data for inactive Paywalls and A/B tests will also become inaccessible. If it's valuable to you — make sure to save this data for future use.
Deprecating legacy remote configs
In January 2023 we introduced new localized remote configs for paywalls — so that you could have smaller, easier-to-manage JSONs for each of the locales you support. The same month we released an updated SDK v2.3.0 that only supports these new configs. So, a full year later, on January 29th, 2024 we will deprecate legacy remote configs like so:
- In every paywall that still has a legacy remote config, it will be removed from the dashboard
- Despite that, this config will still be delivered and used by the apps with the old Adapty SDKs — although no modifications to it will be accepted.
We kindly ask you to transition to the new remote config before that, if you haven't already done so.
We know deprecations are rarely easy, so if you have any questions, please reach out to us.